Preventing tooth ageing (teethmaxxing)

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious
im anti ageing so ill want to preserve my teeth so i dont live toothless (huge looksmin too after bone resorptions) . this is especially important cuz i clench on shirts a lot to looksmax . i dont want my teeth to wear out .

the basics of toothmaxxing is avoid bad foods so u have better oral microbiome , have calcium and vit k in diet , dont drink strong acids , brush teeth (but not too roughly) , also dont mouth breath , and dont grind teeth .

in theory teeth could be given super-durability with something like diamond coating , but this is impractical . enhanceing tooth repair is more practical .

the teeth already have a natural repair capacity called remineralization . this is limited however , in that remineralization will not regrow eroded enamel . what it can do is restore mineral density after some sort of insult on density , like from acid . saliva is actually crucial to remineralization by supplying minerals , so this why mouth breathing inhibits tooth remineralization . remineralization can be helped externally by the use of hydroxyapatite toothpaste . hydroxyapatite is the mineral matrix of teeth and bones , so can remineralize teeth .

the teeth do have stem cells in them , and while remineralization is important , it cant replace lost tooth cells . stem cells in teeth can . but stem cells age from division since their telomeres shorten . the stem cells in teeth are dental pulp stem cells (DPSCs) , which can differentiate into odontoblasts to maintain dentin . i suspect that ageing of DPSCs could contribute to tooth loss in old age . stem cell transplants could work .

but although DPSCs can differentiate into odontoblasts to maintain dentin , the enamel cannot be regrown . only remineralized . which means tooth erosion is permanent unless we could regain ameloblasts , cells that deposit tooth enamel but are lost after tooth eruptions . but idk how to regain ameloblasts , so right now the basic toothmaxxing i listed at the top of this post is the most important we can do , maybe along with hydroxyapatite to assist in tooth remineralization . in theory if u erode enamel from clenching , it is permanent . but probably minor damage could be repaired from remineralization as long as it weakens the enamel without removeing mass , which must act as scaffold to be remineralized .

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Brush 3x a day (toothpaste doesn't matter)
Fluoride treatment once every 2 months
Calcium and vit d

Brush 3x a day (toothpaste doesn't matter)
Fluoride treatment once every 2 months
Calcium and vit d
fluoride weakens teeth and bones , dont fall for the trick to use their toxic waste in ur mouth .

brushing teeth is actually overrated cuz it doesnt reduce tooth erosion . only can ameliorate bad oral microbiome .

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Slavusz

Researchers have proposed an alternative to root canals in dentistry: restoring the lost tissue in the tooth cavity by inducing the body to regenerate it. Their goal is to develop a materials-based therapy that does not contain live cells and therefore could be sold off-the-shelf. It would be the first of its kind. The team has created an injectable hydrogel designed to recruit a person's own dental pulp stem cells directly to the disinfected cavity after a root canal. Composed of biocompatible peptides that aggregate into fibers, the hydrogel delivers biological cues to direct tissue growth, as well as a scaffold structure to support it.
A procedure known as over-instrumentation is performed on children's immature permanent teeth with necrotic pulp, prompting new growth of the still-forming root by eliciting a healing response. The tissue outside of the emptied canal, when poked, forms blood clots that secrete a growth factor that signals cells to produce new tissue to support the root. While some regrows, it is disorganized, lacks the needed tissue differentiation - including nerve cells - and fails to mimic soft tissue. By contrast, the team's hydrogel therapy mimics the body's own growth factor signaling, and, coupled with known antimicrobial mechanisms engineered into those materials, is capable of promoting tissue healing and regeneration.
In early animal studies, dogs injected with the team's hydrogels formed soft tissue from the tooth apex to the crown in just under a month. "We saw a lot of different tissues, including blood vessels, nerve bundles and pulp-like cells. One of the primary goals of this project is to determine the type of cells that reorganize and repopulate the regenerated tissue." One of the core challenges tissue engineers face is creating blood vasculature, the plumbing that delivers nutrients to regenerated cells. To address the problem, the team's hydrogel contains a protein known as vascular endothelial growth factor that stimulates the growth of new blood vessels.

• JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer